- GW Home
- Our Location
- Admissions & Aid
- GW Experience
- Faculty & Staff
Public Information Meeting Held About Lexington Drive/ Riverside Parkway Extension
April 29, 2014
The Loudoun County Department of Transportation and Capital Infrastructure held a public information meeting April 28 at the GW Virginia Science & Technology Campus about the Lexington Drive/Riverside Parkway extension to Loudoun County Parkway/George Washington Boulevard.
The proposed roadway extension is part of Loudoun County's Countywide Transportation Plan and is intended to help mitigate congestion and improve safety along Route 7 and to help local traffic move through the area without having to travel on Route 7. This project has implications for traffic flow on and around the GW Virginia Science & Technology Campus in the future.
The County has proposed three alignment alternatives:
- Alignment 1: this alignment provides a continuous alignment from Loudoun County Parkway westward past Smith Circle and provides for a cul-de-sac at Lexington Drive just north of Route 7.
- Alignment 2: this alignment provides a continuous alignment from George Washington Boulevard in University Center, a new intersection with George Washington and Boulevard and Loudoun County Parkway, a new access roadway to the hotel site, and provides for a cul-de-sac at Lexington Drive just north of Route 7.
- Alignment 3: this alignment provides a continuous alignment from Loudoun County Parkway to an intersection with Lexington Drive.
- Handout from the April 28, 2014 Community Public Information Meeting (.pdf)
- April 16, 2014 Update to the Loudoun County Board of Supervisors about the Riverside Parkway (Loudoun County Parkway to Lexington Drive)
Please direct questions to the Loudoun Department of Transportation at (703) 737-8624 or by email.