A four-day course, September 2-5, 2014, offered by GW in partnership with Bordeaux Sciences AGRO
Download flyer and detailed curriculum(.pdf)
- In-depth study of the terroir concept in viticulture;
- Integration of terroir in vineyard management practices;
- Assessment of the terroir effect in wine sensory attributes.
- Concept of terroir in viticulture: definition, main factors involved;
- Viticultural soils and climate;
- Vine water status;
- The role of nitrogen in terroir expression;
- Choice of plant material;
- Management practices to enhance terroir expression;
- Scale issues;
- Sustainable terroir management;
- The effect of soil and climate in terroir expression through tasting sessions;
- Soil pit studies at RdV Vineyards;
- Optimization of terroir expression through enological practices.
- Winemakers, estate owners, consultants, experts, wine merchants, viticulture and enology teachers.
- The four-day course includes instruction in English, 4 lunches, field trips and tasting sessions. Cost: $2,500
For more information email us or call 703-726-8220 or 703-726-3650.